The art of making money on YouTube is no longer exclusive to a select few platinum musicians or huge influencers, and this post will show you the exact 17 Steps on How to Start Making Money on Youtube.
Globally, approximately five billion videos on Youtube are watched each day. YouTube is well known and very popular with users spending an average time of 40 minutes for each session on YouTube.
In this computerized era, the next significant thing you need to learn is how to make money on Youtube.
As mentioned earlier, earning money on YouTube is not only limited to celebrities, artists, or vast influencers. There are a lot of opportunities for regular individuals like you to make money from YouTube.
In this article, I will show you the 17 Steps on How to Start Making Money on Youtube.
While it is achievable to make a significant earning from YouTube as a content maker, it isn't so easy either. Over 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute across the world.
Thus, the competition is pretty serious, and raking in tons of cash online turns out to be challenging. Here are some vital strategies you can employ to making money on YouTube.
Making money on YouTube used to be as easy as uploading incredible content, gathering a large number of views, and earning a portion of advertising income. But times have changed.
Presently, content creators approach various ways to make money from their content. Apart from advertising, you can get sponsorships from a significant brand, product deals, or even fan funding.
These strategies will guide you on the most proficient method to make money on youtube. This is for beginners as well as anyone who wants to boost their Youtube channel. So if you are a novice and you want to have your own Youtube channel this guide is for you.
So lets get started…
17 Steps On How To Make Money On Youtube this year
Stage 1: Create your Youtube channel in order to start making money on Youtube
Your channel is meant to display your presence on Youtube. Every Youtube account has a channel connected to it. A Youtube account is equivalent to a Google account, and having an account on Youtube will allow you to access other products provided by Google, for example, Google Drive.
- Open your Youtube account. If you have a previous account you can use it.
- Include keywords to assist individuals with finding your channel easily. You can include keywords by exploring the Advanced part of your Channel Settings. Ensure that your keywords are related to your content.
- Your username can likewise favor you. If your username is short, unique, and easy to recall, individuals will easily remember you. However, you can generally change your username on your Google+ account if you already have an existing account. This adds to improving the money-making potential of your account since you are using words that is easily remembered
- Create your Youtube channel with your Google account. Your Google account allows you to view and share videos on Youtube. Your Youtube allows you to create playlists, comment, and upload youtube videos.
- You can create your youtube channel on a youtube app or mobile site.
How to create your YouTube channel
- Sign in on the Youtube website: Go to the YouTube website (www.Youtube.com), click “sign-in”. Sign in using your username on google, put your password.
- Head to Youtube settings: Click on your “profile” symbol at the top right corner of your screen, and afterward click on “setting”.
- Then create your channel: Under the settings, there is an option to “create a channel,” click on it. Next, you'll see “create a personal channel” or create a channel with a business name. In this case, we will use the option for business. Now, you can give your channel a name and choose a category.
Stage 2: Upload your content to Youtube
- Ensure you upload high-quality content that isn't too long. (Though it depends on the kind of content you upload, this may vary). Likewise, ensure you remain consistent in uploading your content.
- Regardless of whether your content is incredible from the beginning or not, be consistent. Try to improve every video to make it better than the previous one. You will get better as you do it often.
- Make your content better by either using a high-quality camera and using good editing methods. Additionally, make sure to enhance your filming process. You can use a camera stand, let a friend assist you, or use better lightings. All of these will help in making your content better and increases your audience.
- Uploading your content regularly can enable you to get a better audience. People will possibly subscribe more if you upload content regularly. Be consistent as much as you can.
- Ensure you tag your content with keywords that are relevant to your content, and also a good description. This will enable you to get traffic and rank in Youtube searches.
Stage 3: Build your audience in order for your Youtube channel to make money for you
Building an audience is vital in making money from Youtube. People have to view your ads before you can make money from them.
There is no secret strategy for getting more people to subscribe to your channel. Just ensure your content are good and you will get subscribers. The amount of followers you generate over time can be amazing.
For instance, Mr Beast has generated over 100 million dollars with his more than 45million subscribers. He started with a simple video. So start today.
- Continue to add content to your channel and try to keep your audience. Share on video on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. Subscribers are necessary to make your channel successful.
- Communicate with your viewers by replying to comments and using videos to respond to questions and videos occasionally. Interacting with your community will bring more people into your network.
Stage 4: Make Money From Your Youtube Videos
To start making money from youtube, you'll have to allow monetization. By doing this, you are permitting Youtube to put ads on your content. Also, it means that you accept that there is no material with copyright in your content.
- Click on www.youtube.com
- Click “My Channel” on the page.
- Click the icon called “Video Manager” it's located at the top bar.
- Click on “channel” then “Enable/monetization”.
- Receive up to 4,000 watch hours and up to 1,000 subscribers.
Stage 5: Once you receive 4,000 and above watch hours, you can start making money with your youtube channel.
You can make money from your videos by enabling the ” Monetization tab' and exploring the monetize with the Ads tab.
- To start making money from your videos after uploading them, click on your YouTube Creator Studio, then choose the channel drop-down and select monetization.
- Once you get to this point, your channel is then checked on to ensure it conforms to the Youtube Partner Program terms and their Community Guidelines. Thereafter, normally within a week, you will get a decision from YouTube.
- The uncertain part of all of these is that getting up to 1,000 views can be rather difficult because you will need to master visual content engagements to keep your viewers attached to your channel. The good news is that there are courses available online that can help you get the hits you need to make money on youtube.
Stage 6: Join the Youtube Partner Program in order to make money on Youtube
Joining the Youtube Partner program is the first step to start making money on youtube. Youtube partners are members who have lots of viewers and monetize their videos.
As a YouTube partner, you can make money from channel memberships, ads on your videos, and banner ads. Being a partner gives you access to unique services like being able to monetize your videos through Google Adsense. The partners have access to lots of tools they can use to create content and they also earn rewards based on the number of views they get.
They also get tips and community support. However, to be a part of the Youtube Partner Program and become a certified YouTube partner, you have a prerequisite to meet which specifies that you must have up to 4000 watch time hours and not less than 1000 subscribers in one year. Once you have met this requirements then you can start making money from ads.
When you are ready to apply, you can go to the partner page on YouTube and apply to become a partner.
- There is milestone or timeframe for you to get up to 4000 hours of watch time is one year. You can get different hours on different videos and when it sums up to 4000 hours, then you are ready to start making money.
- Videos are monetized on youtube through advertisement display designs and pre-roll display.
- Advertisers use impressions and clicks as the basis to pay YouTubers. YouTube collects 45% of the money generated and pays you 55% of the total income.
- You must adhere to the advertising policies. Content that includes adult content, foul language, brutality, and other content are not supported for ads placement.
- Topics that include sensitive matters, sensitive news, and information are also included in the no-go list. For example, the Covid pandemic.
- YouTube premium usually removes ads for users who pay a monthly fee but still enables YouTubers to earn income by paying them a certain percentage based on their total hours of watch time.
- Advertising is not the only way you can generate income on YouTube. There are other opportunities for you to make and earn money on YouTube
Stage 7: Create your Google Adsense account for your Youtube Channel
For lots of YouTubers, the most important and major source of revenue is through ads.
- You can register for Google AdSense at the AdSense website located here
- Click “sign up” to open your new account. You should be 18 years or more to open your account. An adult can help you create an account if you are younger than 18.
- You should have a bank account or a PayPal account for receiving your money and a mailing address so AdSense can confirm your identity and send the money to you. You earn money for every click on your ad and small money for every view on your channel but this money increases over time. This is the reason for a building large audience because more audience means more money.
Stage 8: Get a Brand Sponsorship for your youtube money-making channel
A form of advertising that is useful and lucrative is brand sponsorship. In the digital marketing community, it is known as “influencer marketing”. In this case, a company pays you to promote their product in your video. For instance, Michelle Phan, a YouTuber promoted beauty care products brand Lancôme with her well-known tutorials on make-up.
In 2019, there were lots of agents that helped in connecting brands to influencers on various social media platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram.
Famebit, a brand sponsorship agency that is connected with YouTube, charges 10% of any sponsorship.
Stage 9: Develop a Web TV show to make more Money with Youtube.
If you enjoy talking about topics and telling stories, you can have your series on web TV by creating them on youtube. You can make it a brief comedy show, a talk show, or even a short drama series.
Although youtube limits the length of videos to fifteen minutes, you can increase your limits and create longer videos. This can become a career for you as you get a lot of views which bring more money to you.
Stage 10: You Can Make Money on YouTube with Funding from Your Fans
If you have devoted fans that follow your channel, you can encourage them to fund your channel and this can assist you in financing your new video and make money.
Patreon provides a platform that makes it easy for you to make money from your content. With even $1, your viewers can subscribe to the channel they love and even get rewards from you. Another platform that allows you to enjoy donations and contributions is “Tipee”. This can be a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Both non-profit and profit channels use funding from their fans and subscribers to run their channels smoothly. As long as you provide intriguing, engaging, or entertaining content, you would be surprised how your subscribers can become generous.
Stage 11: You Can Make Money Through Channel Memberships
Another easy way you can make money from youtube is via channel memberships. Your fans can make regularly scheduled payments for additional content and services like live chats, emojis, special videos, etc. You can enjoy this form of monetization on youtube when you get up to 30000 subscribers on your channel.
Third-party administrations like Patreon can help you make money from your fans through monthly memberships.
High-rank video creators get up to $40,000 every month from support from their fanbase.
Stage 12: Make Money on Youtube through Product Sales
YouTube partners likewise can sell more than 10 products to their audience by allowing product sales in their accounts and generate income from the deals.
Stage 13: Build your brand with YouTube and make money
YouTube can enhance your presence in whatever you do. You can amplify your passion and your strengths while making money out of it. Some YouTubers have turned their pets into stars and made lots of money doing what they love. Whatever your brand is, you can put it on youtube to promote it and make more money from it.
Stage 14: The Best Youtube Strategies that can make you money
- To expand your opportunity of pulling in a huge fan base, you should try to follow some Youtube strategies. One of the most important strategies you can employ as s content creator is to create high quality, and intriguing content. When people come to Youtube they want to either be engaged or get a solution to their challenges. Creating extraordinary content allows your video to be viewed and shared with others.
- Another strategy to increase your views is for you to become a master in Youtube SEO and optimize your videos for YouTube search. Optimizing your videos involves doing keyword research and using the keyword planner on Google to get the words that lots of people search for and use those keywords in the video title, video tags, and descriptions of the video. Google keyword planner gives keyword results on reviews, tutorials, how-to, funny videos, etc. If you do not have enough followers and subscribers yet, you can strive to master youtube SEO and maximize your earnings. After this, you can explore your “traffic source” on YouTube to give you an impression of what people are looking for when they see your youtube content.
- In youtube income SEO metrics, there are 5 main ranking factors which determine how Google brings up your videos to potential viewers. They are:
- Subscribes after viewing a youtube content.
- Number of comments
- Click-through-rate (CTR) on the YouTube search results
- The length of the videos
- Ratio of thumbs up vs thumbs down.
Promote and Market your Youtube videos if you want to make money with your Youtube
- Don't leave your videos on the youtube platform alone. Ensure you maximize your marketing funnel to the fullest and get the most out of it.
- You can promote your youtube videos using and sharing them on other social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to name just a few.
- Publicizing and advertising through paid media is another great strategy to get more traffic to the videos on your youtube page.
- You can also create a website and start your blog where you can share the video links. If you want to start a blog, simply go to Bluehost, which is the blog hosting site that this site uses. They are easy to use and the price is cheap at less than $4 per month. Another good web hosting site is Hostgator which starts as low as $2.75 per month. In addition, you can also post your video on other video platforms like Vimeo as well as posting them on other video sites. The more you get people to watch your videos, the better it is for you. Promoting your channel will boost the chances of people viewing the channel.
- To ensure your youtube channel is fully optimized for sales, there are courses you can take that teach you how to drive traffic to your channel. This traffic can be up to 10 million visitors monthly which helps you boost your watch hour time and bring more money to you.
Check your Youtube Analytics for income potential
When you have a few videos on your YouTube channel, and you have started getting views, you can check your Youtube analytics to see how the operations are running. To check your youtube Analytics, go to the channel menu, and select the analytics option.
In this option, you can see your calculated earnings if you have started monetizing your videos, total views from your videos, ads performance, demographics, and other metrics.
These tools are meant to help you know how your channel and audience are resonating with your content. If you are not getting the results you want, you can switch or try creating a new kind of content and also change your marketing strategy.
Stage 15: You Can Increase Your Income On Youtube With Affiliate Marketing
If you do not know what is Affiliate marketing, you can check out my article on complete guide to affiliate marketing and monetization. Affiliate marketing signifies marketing of a company's product or services on your blog or online in return for some commission.
Affiliate marketing on youtube involves the system of creating youtube videos and including your affiliate links. You can include your affiliate links in your video through annotations or include them in your video description.
The inserted link contains the link to the products you recommend and a link to buy the product.
Anytime someone buys the product you recommend using your link, you get a commission for that sale.
A huge number of companies give attractive commissions to people who promote their products and services. They pay them a certain amount for generating sales for them.
Marketing a company's product using affiliate links can provide a great opportunity to earn lots of income especially for channels that review products or offer tutorials. For instance, if you suggest a product and a visitor buys that product using your link, you get a commission for that sold product. You can include your affiliate links in your description and give a little detail about it in your video.
Including your affiliate link on your videos is similar to posting your affiliate links on a blog. Hence, don't litter your affiliate links all around your youtube channel to get a commission. Most people will use your link when they trust and believe you.
To earn trust from your audience, assist them to tackle their issues and challenges then give instructional exercises. To make it even better, you can make videos that provide solutions to problems you have had personally.
There are a lot of companies that offer affiliate programs that you can join. There are also many several affiliate programs in one affiliate platform like Awin.com and Shareasale.com.
One of the best ways you can maximize your income is to start a blog alongside your Youtube channel and include your affiliate links to it as well. By doing this you are making money from YouTube, obtaining more email addresses that you can market to later using Getresponse mailing software or Aweber email software.
For instance, you can write a post on your blog about a product you recommend, and you include your youtube video in the blog post. Hence you get commissions from both affiliate links in your youtube channel and on your blog since you send users from youtube to your blog post. Also, you get more blog readers as you do this.
As an affiliate marketer, you can sell the product and services of large companies like eBay, Amazon, and Konga as they give good commissions to affiliate marketers. You can also check out my guide on the 14 ways to make money with Amazon.
Here are several ways you can make money through YouTube affiliate marketing
- You can make money through YouTube affiliate marketing by unboxing products. Product unboxing involves opening a product in your YouTube video and showing users what the product contains. Thereafter, you include an affiliate link to the website where the product is being sold online.
- Reviews: Product reviews on Youtube is another incredible method to soothe the anxiety that users may have before they purchase a product. Be sure to include your affiliate links on any product review video.
- Tutorial videos: You can make money as an affiliate marketer by just educating users on how to use a product and then leading them to your affiliate link.
- Funny videos: Funny videos are humorous videos that are intended to cause laughter. These videos are usually entertaining, intriguing, and engaging. Funny videos can drive huge traffic to your channel and increase your earnings as well.
Stage 16: Be an Amazon Influencer and make money through your youtube videos
The Amazon influencer program is getting well known across the globe. This influencer program permits you to boost your social media (YouTube also) presence to earn money through Amazon recommendations. After you join the program, review and recommend the products and direct the viewers to buy the products on amazon through links.
Once the users follow the link and buy the products, you will get a cut(usually between 8 to10%) from the transaction.
Although, this program isn't available to everybody. The chances of being approved are based on the strength of followers on social media.
Stage 17: Obtain Extra Income from YouTube Premium Subscribers.
Youtube premium permits viewers to pay $9.99 to watch videos without ads. Indeed, even without these ads, you can still make money based on watch time hours and earn up to 55% of income.
There are various assessments which center on whether Youtube Red raises or diminishes CPM rates. When it comes to Youtube Red, your view time is important, so ensure to visit the Analytics section on your youtube to see your performance on aspects such as video engagement and view time hours.
Some Quick Questions and Answers you may have on the 17 Steps on How to Start Making Money on Youtube
What is the highest amount of money you can make on youtube?
The amount of money you can make can vary.
As you monetize your YouTube through ads, sell sponsored posts, and add an affiliate link to your videos, you will be able to maximize your full income potential.
You can earn money on youtube from advertisements based on CPV, CPM, and CPC. An average YouTuber can earn up to $7.60 for 1,000 views with CPM(cost per impression).
However, Google policy maintains that Google keeps 45% of earnings while content creators earn 55% accumulated from ads.
Also, if you are an affiliate marketer and use affiliate marketing on your channel, you get your payment in a different set up different from the ads income. The payment model is usually CPL (Cost Per Lead) or CPS ( Cost Per Sale). So you earn based on the commissions of sales you get on ads and the sum of conversions.
You can likewise place sponsored products on your videos for sale. You can do this by adding an illustrative recommendation on a product whose brands are looking to create awareness or you can give short remarks on your videos.
Notwithstanding, if you have amassed a measurable audience on your youtube channel, you get paid from brands. For every 1000 views they get in your channel, this pay may range between $20-$50.
So for instance, if their video gets up to a million views on your channel, you can smile as you earn up to the range of $20,000 to $50,000. This method is a good method to monetize your channel when you are not getting a large number of views.
Question: How much do YouTubers make on YouTube?
For a large number of YouTubers, their income is scarcely anything tangible or even nothing income. For well-known YouTubers, this could be up to $1,000,000 or more for each year.
It is getting even harder to make money on youtube, as income from ads can range from $0.35 to $5 for each view, while we assume that the pay is $1 per one thousand views. The income you earn from your channel is based on both the views you get and the niche you are.
Youtubers in niches with high potential views such as bullet point articles, news, makeup, fashion and beauty, celebrity buzz, and popular flops rapidly make lots of money as they get a lot of views.
There are available Youtube income calculators to assist you with seeing the amount you can make dependent on the views on your videos and engagements.
If you have further questions not explained in these 17 Steps on How to Start Making Money on Youtube, kindly shoot a mail at [email protected] I personally reply to emails.
Question: How many views should you have before you can cash out on YouTube?
When you meet a minimum threshold of $100, you can cash out on youtube.
Question: Can you make money on youtube based on Pay Per Subscriber?
YouTube has revealed a subscription plan to YouTubers with a high measurable audience.
Having read this post you are now ready to start making money on YouTube so boost your Youtube channel for sales. Pick your niche, become a partner on youtube, and start displaying your content while you make money.
If I don't know how to create and edit Youtube videos, what are my options? What can I do?
Like most people, being in front of a camera can be intimidating. But if you are camera-shy, you can also create videos where you do not have to show your face. You can edit Youtube videos with Adobe Premiere.
You can create youtube videos without showing your face by just recording your computer screen using this free software called OBS Studio.
If you do not know how to create and edit video, you can contract it out at a very cheap rate here at Fiverr for as cheap as $20.
There are many ways to start making money on Youtube. You should not use all of the ways at once. Start with the one that resonates with you best.
You cannot start making money on Youtube unless you start by creating your own Youtube channel. So Create your channel, give it a good name, follow the profile settings, and put everything else in place.
Then start by creating your first video for upload. You can subscribe to Adobe Premiere Pro software which is one of the best software for video editing. If you cannot edit the video, get someone at Fiverr to help you with it.
Keep posting your videos as well as articles related to your videos. Good software that can help you with correcting grammatical errors and improve your writing quality is Grammarly.
Then continue the process and be consistent, and before you know it, you will start earning thousands of dollars with your Youtube channel. That is it on the 17 Steps on How to Start Making Money on Youtube.
If there is anything I left out, please do let me know. And if this article has been of any value to you, please kindly help me like and share it around. That is the favor I would ask from you. Thank you and God bless.
Article Contributor: Mercy