Almost everyone is scared of growing old, but the foods listed below can make you age faster.
7 Famous Foods that make you look older and age faster.
No one wants to get older faster. Some people even opt for using ageless creams and ointment to keep their skin ageless and smoother for a longer time.
However, they may later end up growing older faster than they can ever imagine due to their choice of meal. Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs) are one of the major causes of the accelerated aging process of our skin.
They are formed when protein or fat is combined with sugar. Some famous foods that made it to the list contain some forms of Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs).
Do you know that food can actually make us look older? Well, if you still doubt this, you are about to find out the seven popular foods that can make you look and age faster. You may have to learn how to supprese your appetite rather than ceaselessly eating age promoting foods.
- French Fries: Globally, people loved to eat French fries as a side dish. You can literally find French fries anywhere you find yourself.
Every ingredient contained in the French fries is highly nutritious except for the added amount of salt. Their salty content brings them down. French fries come with properties that make your skin age faster.
Health experts reveal that foods fried in oil at high temperatures can release radicals that cause cellular damage to the skin. When you are constantly exposed to free radicals, they can boost your aging process because of an action known as cross-linking.
Generally, cross-linking affects DNA molecules and can likely weaken skin elasticity. The salt contained in the French fries can contribute to the reduction of the skin’s elasticity.
However, you can replace French fries with sweet potatoes. But you should never fry the sweet potatoes to avoid releasing free radicals.
Instead, bake them to make your skin appear younger.
- White Bread: White bread is a staple for all three meals like breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and stuffing your turkey for dinner. The bad news is that white bread is not healthy for you as it can make you look older.
Most components needed for the refining process of white bread create AGEs. Medical experts reveal that foods with a glycemic index, such as white bread can lead to inflammation in the body.
Inflammation is linked directly to a faster aging process. Hence, white bread is not a great option for your health and your skin as well.
To eat healthier, you should proceed to replace white bread with sprouted bread as it stands as a better option. Sprouted bread comes with grains and seeds all over their bodies.
They exist as a whole wheat variety and can be beneficial to the body. Ensure that they do not contain any form of added sugar.
- White sugar: Almost everyone wants to eat tasty sugary foods and drinks. As a result of this high demand for sugar, companies rely on sugar to produce most foods.
There is sugar on candy, sugar in drinks, sugar on pastries, and almost every other food. Despite its tasty nature, sugar still gives you unwanted skin blemishes such as acne.
It can also make your skin appear older. In fact, sugar can be seen as one of the best contributors to the creation of AGEs. When your sugar levels are elevated, the AGEs process tends to stimulate.
You can use frozen fruits or no added sugar Popsicle to substitute this sugar content. Hence, you should always replace sugar with honey or fruits.
When you are looking at appearing ageless and younger, you should get ready to make the switch immediately.
- Margarine: Most people in North America prefer to eat margarine more often because of its tasty nature. Since it exists as a cheaper alternative to butter, most people prefer to use margarine more often.
Despite its nature, margarine can still make you look older than your actual age. The Trans fatty acids contained in margarine can make your skin become more vulnerable to ultraviolet radiations, which can destroy skin elasticity and collagen.
A study discovered that people that consume no margarine have lesser skin wrinkles and damage. You can proceed to replace margarine with avocados, coconut or olive oil.
Instead of using margarine, you can use olive oil to meet up with your everyday cooking.
- Processed meats: Processed meats are used to prepare barbeque, hot dogs, sausage, bacon, and pepperoni. Therefore, when you develop the habit of eating these processed meats, you will eventually look other than your actual age.
Processed meats are high in saturated fats, sodium, and sulfite that can contribute to skin dehydration and the weakening of collagen caused by inflammation. You can replace the meat with either chicken or turkey.
When you eat leaner meats like chicken or turkey, you will appear younger than your actual age. They are densely packed with amino acids and proteins that are essential in the natural formation of collagen.
If you are vegan, you should replace processed meats with some eggs or legumes.
- Dairy: A study reveals that the impact of dairy on the aging process highly depends on the person involved. In some situations, dairy helps to increase inflammation in the body which can lead to oxidative stress.
But, you can still enjoy your dairy if you do not experience inflammation from dairy. You should replace dairy with beans, leafy greens, almonds, figs, and almonds.
- Soda and coffee: People enjoy their soda and coffee every day. If you want to keep your skin younger, you may need to quit soda and coffee.
Both can affect your sleep which will affect your skin with time. You can use swaps to replace it.
If you want to keep your skin from aging, you must endeavor to apply the preventive tips listed above.