Starting a Youtube channel may seem complicated, but it's not as complex as it appears to be. YouTube is a beyond doubt a popular platform for watching videos among adults in the U.S.
Up to three-quarters of U.S adults use YouTube. Over half of these YouTube users, use this platform every day. YouTube is one of the highest visited websites on the internet.
Many people have used the platform to grow their businesses and became millionaires. YouTube is a platform that most business owners can't afford to miss because of the business promotion and brand recognition that the platform provides for them.
In fact, successful YouTubers make hundreds and even thousands of dollars from YouTube every month. For instance, Mr. Beast earns about one million dollars every month from YouTube. For this reason, almost everyone will want to start their channel and make money from YouTube.
If you are here because you want to know how to start a YouTube channel as a hobby or because you want to make money, then you will get the answers you need in this post.
Also, if you are a beginner, you can follow these steps to how to start a YouTube channel. Let's get right to it!
Create Your Google Account.
If you already have a Google account, then you can skip this step. To create a Google account, visit the Google.com home page to create an account.
You can as well use your old Gmail address or a new one. Input your information and click Next.
Create Your YouTube Account
Although Google gives you a personal account on YouTube, you can create a business YouTube account for your brand.
Besides, your channel will have the same name on your Google account.
Only you can manage your channel if it's a personal account, but with a business account, you can get team members to manage it.
3. Use Your Google Account details to log into YouTube.
4. Head to the YouTube.com channel page to create a channel.
5. Enter the channel name of your choice and click create.
6. Customize your channel to represent your brand.
7. Upload your video.
Now you have created your channel, you should start uploading quality videos. To upload your video,
- Go to your YouTube account.
- Tap on “post” button or the “create a video” button.
- Select “Upload video.”
- Choose the video you want to upload.
- Write the video title and description. Ensure you add keywords.
- Click on “Publish.”
8. Create a Channel Trailer.
A channel trailer is like a brief intro video where you introduce yourself and your channel to your visitors.
A channel trailer tells your viewers who you are, what your video is about, and why they should stick around, watch and subscribe to your channel. Use these simple steps to create your own channel trailer.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Upload your chosen video for the channel trailer.
- Head to your channel and select “customize channel.”
- Go to “New visitors.” Then select channel trailer.
- Choose the video for your channel trailer and click “save.”
9. Make People Find Your Channel
Now that you have created your YouTube channel and added your video content, it's vital for your channel to be discoverable so that people can find it.
You can do this by adding channel keywords to your channel and by promoting your videos. Here's below how to add keywords to your channel and visit this article on how to promote your YouTube channel.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Select creator studio.
- Click channel from the left menu. Then click “Advanced.”
- Go to the section for “Channel keywords” and add relevant keywords.
Your YouTube channel is ready. You should verify your account so that you can create custom thumbnails and upload longer videos.
To monetize your channel and be eligible to start earning income from your YouTube channel, you need to join the YouTube Partner Program.
And to be eligible to join the YouTube Partner Program, you will need to attain a minimum of 4,000 watch hours and have at least 1,000 subscribers.
Many times, it is not enough to just create a YouTube channel. You need to also learn some tips on how to create good YouTube videos that are great. Finally, to start seeing good return on your effort, you also need to learn how to Promote your YouTube Channel