When you hope to protect your body from experiencing numerous heart diseases, you must consider the food you consume as a goal.
Arteries exist from your brain to the tips of your toes. When you keep your arteries healthy, you will likely prevent heart attacks and strokes.
A study conducted by British Heart Foundation revealed that some people are living with blocked arteries. They are not even aware of it.
They will come to realize the blocked arteries after their body develops symptoms such as Claudication or Angina. However, people will not notice these diseases until they become exposed to stroke or heart attack.
Do not become afraid of having blocked arteries because you can use your diet to improve your body. You can use the following foods and drinks to keep your arteries systems in a healthy state and avoid complicated health issues;
- Fish: When you are looking at keeping your arteries healthy, the food you should probably consider is fish.
Fish is rich in healthy omega-3 fatty acids. These omega-3 fatty acids have a positive influence on your blood cholesterol level.
Therefore, it can lead to clogged arteries. Some fish that can help you actualize this include mackerel, tuna, salmon, herring, and trout.
The best ways to eat your favorite fish highly depend on your cooking pattern. But no matter what, ensure that you cook the fish thoroughly to avoid having any complicated issues from your eating habit.
- Citrus fruits: A study revealed that citrus fruit significantly decreases systolic blood pressure. The study went further to suggest that it reduces stenosis as well.
In the 18th century, physicians used citrus to treat scurvy. Research conducted by the University of Southern California Department of Preventive Medicine reveals that food high in viscous fiber can prevent your arteries from experiencing clogging.
Therefore, you should endeavor to add grapefruit and other citrus fruits to your breakfast, as it attracts numerous health benefits to the body.
- Walnuts: Generally, walnuts improve the flexibility of the arteries. A study reveals that eating about eight shelled walnuts can perform better than olive oil in protecting your arteries systems from damage resulting from a meal with high saturated fat.
When you prefer to eat nuts, consider walnuts more than others.
- Flaxseed: Flaxseed is jam-packed with numerous nutrients that can be beneficial to your body system. It can help improve the health status of your arteries.
A study suggests that flaxseed comes with highly beneficial effects in preventing cardiovascular disease. It also provides the body with omega-3 fatty acids, phytoestrogens, fiber, and other nutrients that improve your heart health.
Flaxseed exists in ground form, or preferably, you can obtain them from your favorite snacks or bread.
- Turmeric: Eating turmeric every day offers tons of health benefits to your heart health. Several studies have proven the therapeutic efficacy of turmeric in numerous heart conditions.
It protects the heart and also counter-attacks various metabolic challenges that lead to the development of heart diseases. Therefore, you should make turmeric your best friend while considering your heart health.
- Green Tea: Several studies have compared green tea's role in cardiovascular diseases. Several studies prove that people who consume more than five cups of green tea have a 26 percent decreased risk of death from stroke and heart attacks.
These studies also revealed that people also have a 16 percent lower risk of death from other health challenges. Therefore, you should drink more green tea a day to feel more satisfied and healthy.
- Cinnamon: Several health benefits are associated with eating cinnamon in its natural form. Generally, cinnamon is rich in antioxidants, reduces the risk of health diseases, and contains anti-inflammatory properties.
A study reveals that cinnamon can help to improve the glucose and lipids of people living with type 2 diabetes. Another study proves that cinnamon can help to reduce cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL cholesterol.
You have every reason to add cinnamon to your regular food as you will stand the chance of gaining lots of health benefits from it.
- Pomegranates: Naturally, pomegranates are fun to consume because of their tasty nature and addictive features. Apart from their delicious taste, pomegranates offer various heart health benefits to your body system.
Several studies suggest that pomegranate can help counter cardiovascular disease. Therefore, you can prevent cardiovascular disease using this fruit to reduce oxidative stress, the activity of nitric oxide, supporting synthesis, and many others.
You should develop the habit of eating pomegranates fruits more often to keep your body healthy.
Ensure that you protect your heart from any disease that will decrease your chances of becoming sick. Endeavor to eat the fruits listed above every day.