Many people are experiencing insomnia due to several reasons, but various home remedies can help to provide a long-lasting solution to sleeplessness.
Home Remedies for Insomnia.
Sleep is essential for healthier living. When people deny themselves the opportunity of getting a good night's rest every night, they will probably be exposing their body system to various complicated health challenges.
The amount of sleep required for healthier growth may vary from one person to another. However, medical experts suggest that most adults need to sleep up to seven hours per night for a healthier living.
In a situation where your sleeping time is limited due to insomnia, you can use the various home remedies to make yourself enjoy a longer night's rest. The following home remedies for insomnia will help you in the long run;
- Yoga: Several studies have discovered that yoga helps to improve sleep quality. Active participation in various yoga practices can also help to improve your mental focus, boost physical functioning and get rid of stress.
When you want to participate in yoga practice, it is advisable to choose a style that will encourage you to practice moving meditation. Preferably, you can use slow and controlled movements to stay concentrated in the present.
If you are using yoga to treat insomnia, you should make an effort to do more yoga for a longer session per week. When your daily routine is so tight that you barely make out time for the practice, try to keep the practice at least for 20 minutes every day.
You can self-practice in your comfort zone and avoid every form of distraction during the program. Before you consider going to bed, you can carry out the yoga practice to relax your mind and free yourself from disturbances.
To begin with this method, you are expected to provide yourself with a yoga mat. Then, slowly begin the practice. If the yoga practice does not fit into your daily routine, you can use another home remedy to handle insomnia.
- Massage: A study once discovered that massaging therapy can be beneficial to people suffering from insomnia. This routine can help to reduce daytime dysfunction while improving the quality of sleep in insomnia patients.
With good massage therapy, you can lower your chances of experiencing pains, feelings of anxiety, and depression. You don’t necessarily have to get a professional massage therapist to carry out the massage therapy on your body.
You can do self-massage at home. Preferably, you can also convince your partner, parent, siblings, or friends around you to help you out with the message.
- Make use of lavender oil: Lavender is generally used to boost sleeping quality, improve mood, and reduce pain. Several studies have discovered that taking the oil orally will help to create more impact on your body system.
Another research carried out in 2014 revealed that lavender oil capsules are more beneficial in boosting the quality of sleep patterns of people experiencing depression. This research has proven that people living with decreased levels of anxiety will likely enjoy better sleep at night.
To use this home remedy, you are expected to take about 20 to 80 mg of lavender orally every day. Preferably, you can also decide to include lavender essential oil in a diffuser, or you can just proceed to spray it on your pillow.
If you don’t like these methods, you can direct lavender tea each day to enjoy the same health benefits.
- Practice mindfulness meditation: Mindfulness meditation can be achieved while sitting in a quiet environment, and maintaining a slow and steady breathing approach. With this type of meditation, you can easily observe your thoughts, sensations, body, and breath as they slowly rise and decrease.
Mindfulness meditation attracts several health benefits to the body. You can probably improve your sleeping quality if you are consistent with this practice.
A 2011 study revealed that meditation can improve insomnia and general sleep patterns. Therefore, if you are looking up to enjoying a healthier sleeping section, you should consider mindfulness meditation, as it comes with unlimited benefits.
- Participate more actively in various exercises: Exercises attract lots of health benefits to the human body. Generally, exercises help to improve your sleeping condition, give you extra energy and support healthy weight loss.
To enjoy these numerous health benefits, you should make out time to participate in exercises for at least 20 minutes daily. If you are too busy to participate in these exercises, you should create a specific time out of your busy schedule for the training program.
Cardio exercises such as cycling, running, swimming, and many others can lower insomnia.
- Melatonin: A 2016 research has discovered that melatonin can help to improve your sleep patterns when you have insomnia and cancer. If you are consistent with this medication, your sleep quality will be improved between seven and fourteen days.
To use this method, you should take about 1 to 5 mg of melatonin for about 30 minutes to 2 hours before sleeping. Try to use the least effective dose available to you. Higher dosage may come with severe side effects.
- Magnesium: Magnesium comes naturally as a mineral. A study conducted in 2012 urged participants to take 500 mg of magnesium per day for two months.
Within this period, researchers discovered that most of the participants experienced lesser symptoms of insomnia, and their sleep patterns were improved. This research has shown that magnesium can help relax muscles, relieve stress, and help to support healthy sleep patterns.
Men should take up to 400mg of magnesium per day, while women should limit theirs to 300 mg per day.
Once you notice the symptoms of insomnia on your body system, proceed to use any of the home remedies mentioned above to restore your health status.