Finding a natural way to suppress your appetite will enable you to control what you watch and avoid excess weight gain over some time.
What are the best natural ways to suppress appetite?
If you eventually walk into most pharmaceutical stores within your vicinity, you will find numerous appetite suppressant pills made available for you. Some of the appetite suppressant manufacturers claim that their drugs can perform wonders within a short time.
If you take these pills without showing much concern about the after-effect, you may regret your actions in the future. According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), some of these appetite suppressants come with dangerous side effects that can harm your body system.
Therefore, people need to use a natural way to suppress their appetite. When you use a natural method of suppressing appetite to reduce the amount of food you consume, you will not experience any side effects from keeping to this routine.
The best natural ways to reduce your appetite consist of the following;
- Drink more water before any meal: When you drink a big glass of water before eating any food, you will appear more satisfied, feel fuller, and feel less hungry when the meal is over. A study urged 50 overweight females to drink about 1.5 liters of water per day for eight weeks.
When the given period elapsed, the researchers realized that the women experienced reductions in appetite and weight. Therefore, water can help you in the long run, especially if you prefer to eat excess food without considering its impact on your body system.
Once you begin to drink water before taking any food, you will realize its fast response to your appetite. In fact, water exists as one of the best natural appetite suppressants one should ever consider.
- Active participation in exercises before a meal: Most people are not aware of this method. Exercise is a great healthy way of suppressing appetite.
Several studies revealed that exercises help reduce appetite hormones as soon as the person involved completes the training session. High-intensity workouts are the most effective appetite suppressants one should check out.
Once you complete the exercise, you may need to relax your body for a while before consuming your meal. The essence of taking this rest is to ensure that your body relaxes from the exercising activities and becomes compatible with the food you are about to eat.
- Add ginger to your regular diet: You may never know the role of ginger in suppressing appetite until you begin to add it to your meal plan. A study discovered that eating a small amount of ginger powder can help to increase fullness and suppress appetite.
The health rooted plant can help to produce a stimulating effect on your digestive system. As a result of this effect, your body will respond faster to reductions in appetite.
If you don’t like powdered ginger, you can add the ginger root as a regular spice in your everyday meals.
- Drink Yerba Mate tea frequently: When you drink yerba mate tea more often, you can reduce the amount of food you consume at a goal. A study proved that yerba mate tea which comes from the Ilex paraguariensis plays a vital role in suppressing appetite.
The study also revealed that yerba tea helps to light up the mood when you combine it with a high-intensity exercise. Therefore, as you proceed to enjoy a mouthful of your yerba mate tea, you should endeavor to add an energetic exercising routine to it.
With this act, you can suppress your appetite and attract other health benefits to your body system.
- Eat more protein and healthy fat food: You may be thinking that all food satisfies your hunger equally. Well, several scientific studies have proven that some foods can make you fuller and better than other foods.
When you compare some healthy fats and proteins with carbohydrates, you will realize that you will feel more satisfied when you eat some fats and high protein diets than when you eat carbs. Therefore, if you are willing to suppress your appetite in no distant time, you should replace some sources of carbohydrates with healthy fats and protein.
With this approach, you can keep your desire for food under control. Consider the following foods if you are looking for high protein diets;
eggs, soy products, lean meats, Greek yogurt, beans, and peas. For healthy fats, you should go for olive oil, nuts, avocados, and seeds.
- Eat more low-calorie foods: When you prefer to suppress your appetite fast enough, you should eat more low-calorie foods. Consuming large low-calorie foods will not attract unhealthy fats to your body system.
Instead, they will make you stay fuller and reduce your appetite to eat unhealthy foods. Your stomach will stop growling, and you can still burn more calories through this approach. Low-calorie foods such as whole grains, beans, fruits, and vegetables, will enable you to reach this goal.
- Dark chocolate can be beneficial to you: A study has proven that people consume little food when they eat dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Therefore, when you choose dark chocolate over milk chocolate, you can likely suppress your appetite through this eating habit.
Whenever you want to eat your dark chocolate, ensure that you consume it in a low quantity, as too much of it may be bad for your health.
When you prefer to suppress your appetite and eat less amount of food, you should endeavor to try out any of the methods listed above.
Other Articles You may Like: