The Best Website Builders are tools either online (usually offered by web hosting companies) or offline (as software) that allows you to easily and quickly create a website without having any prior knowledge of coding.
Having a website is very important for the growth and expansion of any business. If your business is already starting to gain a considerable amount of success, you should establish an online presence that would take your business to the next level.
Unlike social media and its accompanying social media management tools, having a website for your business gives you greater credibility and offers you more control and flexibility over the design and content you share with your audience.
For small businesses or individuals who are planning on creating a website without paying for a professional website developer's services, your best alternative is to use a website builder.
Website Builders are tools either online (usually offered by web hosting companies) or offline (as software) that allows you to easily and quickly create a website without having any prior knowledge of coding.
Website Builders has revolutionized the process of creating websites and allows you to create a standard, full-featured website while still staying on budget and with little or no coding experience needed.
Finding the right website builder for your proposed website could become tricky as there are tons of website builders on the internet.
This article reveals the Best 27 Website Builder tools currently available, I have also highlighted their features, pricing plan, and benefits.
Wix is perhaps the biggest sharks in its market having hosted over 160 million websites in over 190 different countries plus over 45,000 signups every day. It has a super easy-to-use drag and drops functionality that makes it easy peasy for anyone without any coding knowledge or skill to create a quick website with Wix.
There are many drags and drop website builders but Wix is undoubtedly the best. It has hundreds of free website templates specifically for different niches and industries that you can choose from and gives you the liberty of tweaking the design to your preferences.
Suppose you are not into the template format and you're just looking for a fast website. In that case, you can use Wix's AI platform called the Wix ADI, which asks you specific questions like what type of website you want, the niche you are in, your design preference, what kind of tools or plugins you want, and your website and the AI will create a website for you.
Wix comes with a free plan that you can use to start a website risk-free and test out some of their features, but it comes with many limitations like restricted access to some tools and includes Wix advert on every single web page.
To remove the Wix advert, get a custom domain name, and have access to more tools, you will have to subscribe to any of their payment plans. Wix offers four paid payment plan.
- Connect Domain: This is Wix's most basic Plan is priced at $4.50 per month. Its features include a custom domain, a Free SSL certificate, up to 500MB storage space, and 1GB bandwidth.
- Combo: This Plan starts at $8.50 per month and includes a custom domain name, free domain for a year, removes Wix Ads, Free SSL certificate, 2GB bandwidth, storage space up to 3GB, and 30 minutes video hours. It is perfect for individual use.
- Unlimited: This Plan is more suitable for small businesses and entrepreneurs. It is priced at $12.50 per month. Its features include custom domain, free domain for a year, Free SSL certificate, removes Wix Ads, unlimited bandwidth, 10GB storage space, and 1 hour video hours.
- VIP: Costs $24.50 and features a custom domain name, free domain for a year, remove Wix Ads, Free SSL certificate, unlimited bandwidth, 35GB storage space, 5 hours video hours, Site Booster App, Visitor Analytics App, professional logo, social media logo files, and a top-priority customer care support.
WordPress.org (which is different from the blog hosting service WordPress.com) is the most popular and widely-used website builder tool. It is purported to be used by 33% of the website on the internet.
What separates WordPress from many other site builders is that it's 100% free, has open-source code access, and a considerable amount of plugins available.
It can be used to create almost any type of website you can imagine. It offers users great control over the design, features, and functionality, but you might need to be good with codes to use this website builder.
There is no limit to what you can do with WordPress. It gives you access to website themes and templates plus excellent tools and plugins you need to set up a website. It's a self-hosted website builder, which means you'll have to get a domain name and host the website.
Although WordPress.org is free to use with no restrictions, there can be additional costs incurred in getting a domain name, hosting, or, depending on your needs, premium themes and plugins.
Seed Prod is a complete landing page building software plugin that integrates with WordPress websites. This page builder is simple for beginners to use and create awesome landing pages that increase conversion rate within minutes.
Its success can be attributed to its easy to use point and click customization feature that lets you point and click your way to a beautiful website. It can also be used to quickly create maintenance, coming soon, 404, and error pages.
With over 1 million downloads and installs, it has been trusted and tested by lots of business owners, web developers, and bloggers. It has over 100 beautiful customizable pre-made landing page templates that are compatible with any WordPress theme.
Seed Prob comes with a free version and a paid version. You can take advantage of the free version to test it. Seed Prod is the best option for you and of course, it has certain limitations, unlike the paid version. SeedProb has four paid payment plan depending on your needs:
- Basic: which starts at $39.50 and features 1 website, over 100 landing page templates, over 20-page blocks, section templates, drag and drop page builder functionality, email marketing integration, subscriber management, access controls, upgrade and support services up to a year, and a $99 worth free bonus of over 2 million stock photos.
- Plus: This Plan is priced at $99.50 and covers all the Basic Plan features and the inclusion of additional sites up to three.
- Pro: It starts at $199.50 and includes all Plus Plan features, and allows the inclusion of additional sites up to five and domain mapping.
- Elite: Priced at $239.60 and covers all Pro Plan features, allows unlimited websites and offers priority support.
Constant Contact is well known for providing email marketing solutions, although it has purportedly claimed to have developed the market's best website builder and online store tool. It offers a mobile responsive website template design with highly customization options.
Constant Contact Website Builder, like many others, offers easy and quick websites built using ADI. You can easily start by simply describing what you want your website to be about, choose a domain name, add images and a logo if you have one, choose a color theme, navigation style, add your contact details, and just like that, an AI would within minutes generate a website for you which you can also edit to match your preferences.
Constant Contact Website Builder offers good value for money. It has a generous free plan which can allow you to sell up to 3 products. For the website builder, they offer an all-in-one complete plan that covers website creation, e-commerce features, and marketing tools.
Priced at $10 for the paid version, it offers a lot of amazing features like free web hosting, unlimited storage, SSL certificate, free to understand analytics, custom domain name, and allows you to sell unlimited products. It also offers unique services like auto tax calculation and integrated shipping and tracking.
BigCommerce is popularly known for its e-commerce website building solutions. It focuses its devices on helping entrepreneurs, small to medium-sized businesses, and large businesses setting up their online store to sell digital, physical, and services-based products with ease.
It has high-quality designs with an array of customizable templates (both free and paid) that are industry-specific to choose from. It aims to assist people that are not tech-savvy and also offers great HTML and CSS customization for web developers looking to edit their online store to their requirements.
It has a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor tool that allows you to preview your customization and edit your e-commerce website, both frontend and backend.
BigCommerce offers its new users a 15-day free trial to test out the suitability of their product. They have four payment options depending on your needs and business size. Their pricing model gives you more value for your money.
- BigCommerce Standard: This Plan is more suitable for individual and solo entrepreneurs. Starting at $29.95/month, it offers a lot of exciting features, including the ability to makes sales up to $50,000/year, allows the sale of an unlimited amount of product, social media integration allowing the use of multiple sales platforms such as eBay, Amazon, Facebook, and Google Shopping, product rating and review feature, 24/7 customer support, unlimited staff account, and let you create and manage your coupon, discounts, and gift cards.
- BigCommerce Plus: Priced at $79.95/month, this Plan highlights all the features in the Standard Plan and allow you to make sales up to $150,000/month plus abandoned cart recovery and credit card storing feature.
- BigCommerce Pro: Priced at $299.95/month, this Plan highlights all the features in the Standard plus Plan and allows you to make sales up to $400,000/month plus custom SSL, product search filter option, and goggle customer review feature.
- BigCommerce Enterprise: Pricing depends on your business needs and size, an initial meeting with BigCommerce is required to discuss your requirement. This Plan is suitable for big businesses and cooperation.
Shopify is widely known as an online store building tool that helps beginners (and professionals) create online stores – no coding required. It is the leading e-commerce solution with over 800,000 online stores created and 1 million active users. It is self-hosted (runs on its server), eliminating the need for a hosting site.
Shopify offers users an array of customizable website themes to choose from and supports sales on different platforms including Amazon, eBay, Facebook, and Instagram.
A noteworthy unique feature that makes it stand out from the rest in its market is its Point of Sale (POS) feature that allows users to sell their product in a physical location from their iOS or Android devices.
Access to certain features on Shopify depends on the Plan you choose to opt-in for. Shopify has five different payment plan:
- Shopify Lite ($9/month): Social media integration that allows you to sell on your social media platforms.
- Basic Shopify ($29/month): With this Plan, you get to sell unlimited products, e-commerce features, and a 2% transaction fee on every sale.
- Shopify ($79/month): All the features of Basic Shopify and Shopify Lite plus more e-commerce options like the ability to create your gift cards and abandoned cart recovery. A transaction fee of 1%.
- Advanced Shopify ($299/month): Highlights all the previous plans' features plus your advanced analytics data and automatically calculated shipping rates. A transaction fee is 0.5%.
- Shopify Plus: This Plan is for large businesses and enterprises. The price is negotiated and depends on the needs of the business.
To get rid of the transaction fee on all payment plans, you can use Shopify's payment gateway which will save you from all the extra charges.
However, this feature is only available in certain places like the USA, Puerto Rico, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, China, Italy, Japan, and Sweden.
GoDaddy is already well known as one of the best domain name and web hosting company. GoDaddy Website Builder was developed to help bloggers, entrepreneurs, small business owners, e-commerce stores and personal users create a simple website. It offers cheap and affordable pricing for a beginner-friendly site-building solution that enables users to create a website with ease and fast.
It uses Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI), which generate a website for you based on the information you input about what type of business you are into. It has easy to use, intuitive interface, and a lot of customizable mobiles optimized templates for you to start with.
GoDaddy offers users a month free trial period before the paid Plan. The free Plan, however, has certain limitations including GoDaddy branded domain name ends with godaddy.com which is not professional by the least, ads would be displayed on every single page of the website and some of its features are accessible in the Free Plan. It has four paid payment options available to users depending on your goal and needs.
- Basic ($9.99/month): What you get includes custom domain names, remove ads, allows a small number of social media posts and email sends, SSL, social sharing, and Goggle Insight.
- Standard ($14.99/month): You get all in the Basic Plan plus advanced SEO features, a limit of 500 email sends and 20 social media posts, an increased social sharing option, and an SEO wizard.
- Premium ($19.99/month): This plan cover of the benefits of the Basic and Standard Plan plus 25,000 email sends and unlimited social post and some added options like the ability to accept credit card payments, book recurring events and classes
- E-commerce ($24.99/month): Includes all the benefits of the above plans plus e-commerce features like abandoned cart recovery, fast check out, automatic configuration of shipping and tax rates, options to offer discounts and promotions, and many more.
Gator Website Builder was created by the world's largest provider of web hosting services, Host Gator. This website solution was created with people who have little or no technical expertise in mind as it allows an average tech person to create a basic website within minutes.
It has lots of industry-focused templates to choose from and intuitive drag and drops editor to edit it to your taste. It has excellent social media integration features that allow you to link and sell from your social accounts to your website.
Setting up is pretty much easy with a short explanatory tutorial on their webpage that provides you with the information you need to get going.
Host Gator offers users a three pricing plan to choose from, each Plan with its unique features.
- Starter ($9.68/month): This is the most basic and cheapest price that Host Gator is offering and comes with a custom domain name, freedom to customize any template, SSL certificate, and access to all Gator's features.
- Premium ($11.98/month): Covers everything that the Starter plan offers with the inclusion of more SEO tools to drive move traffic to your website, the G-Suite productivity tool, social media tools, and higher customer support.
- eCommerce ($18.45/month): This Plan is specifically for online stores and business owners whose focal point is selling products online, all covers all the Host Gator has to offer plus eCommerce options and tools.
The website builder plugin is a membership site builder that integrates with WordPress. This plugin is very easy to use and comes with a professional support team to help you with your technical needs.
It's an all-in-one complete package that gives you greater control over who accesses the content on your website, the time limit your content is available for, also release your content at pre-planned intervals, and provides detailed analytics about your website's performance and how your audience reacts with your website which you can use in your marketing strategy.
It also allows you to sell almost anything on your membership site including digital, physical, and services-based products.
While MemberPress doesn't have any form of trial or free Plan, it offers its users' questions asked 14-day money-back guarantee if you feel the plugin is not right for you. It has three payment plans.
- Basic Plan ($249/year): This Plan accommodates 1 website, supports PayPal and Stripe payment, and has over 10 add-ons and integration.
- Plus Plan ($399/year): Can be used with up to 5 sites, covers all the Basic plan features plus additional ones, it also supports payment by Authorize.net and 10 more add-ons and integration than the Basic Plan
- Pro Plan ($549/year): This Plan can be used for up to 25 websites and includes all the features in the Basic and Plus Plan and more. It also offers an Affiliate Royal feature that allows you to create and manage your affiliate program.
With more than 50 million websites built since its inception, Weebly is certainly one of the big names in the website building industry. It's a drag and drop type of website builder and offers over 40 beautiful mobile-optimized themes that are categorized according to the industry you are in. It is more suitable for blogging, image galleries, and online stores.
This website building solution is business-centered and comes with loads of built-in features that can help create and build that eCommerce website of your dream. It offers users useful SEO tips, strong SEO tools, eCommerce tools on all their plans, marketing tools, and Analytics Insight to observe your website performance and visitor's interaction.
Weebly gives loads of value for your money and includes eCommerce features in all their Plan including the free version. They have three paid payment plan.
- Build Plan ($8/month): This is the lowest price for Weebly and include lead capture form option and allows user to send 5 emails per month.
- Grow Plan ($25/month): The Plan has all the features available in the Build Plan plus the ability to send 20 emails monthly, schedule, and automate emails.
- Accelerate Plan ($75/month): Have all the features Weebly has to offer, plus allows l user to send unlimited emails monthly every month.
BoldGrid is a website builder plugin software that is powered by WordPress. It is a free premium package that is available whenever you buy any hosting plan from InMotion Hosting and Web Hosting Hub.
It features an easy to use drag and drop editor and professional, modern and intuitive responsive themes. It is a what you see is what you get website builder and give you total control to modify your theme into whatever you want. It is perfect for people with no coding experience and also allows customization for expert Web developers.
This website builder plugin two versions; a free version and a paid version. The free version, however, contains certain limitations and exclusive features. The premium version costs $2.50/month and billed annually. This version also comes with any hosting purchase from InMotion Hosting and Web Hosting Hub.
SiteBuilder allows anybody, including newbies, to quickly build a website hassle-free without coding experience. It offers thousands of templates to choose from.
It has essential features like blogging tools, e-commerce functionality, SEO tools, social media integration, website analytics, and a free image gallery with lots of free stock pictures.
It comes with a drag and drops functionality that lets you customize your website with ease.
However, SiteBuilder does not excel in the design department, and the interface can at times become overwhelming.
It does not offer users any form of guides or tutorials, but it has a super short learning curve, which means you will easily get used to its functions.
SiteBuilder offers users three paid plans. The initial prices shown on SiteBuilder are promotional and are only applicable to your first purchase, you will be billed according to the original price after the first term.
- Pro ($4.74/month): This Plan comes with free hosting, unrestricted access to SiteBuilder's thousands of templates, a drag and drop editor function, custom domain, and site analytics.
- Premium Plan (): This Plan includes access to all features in the Pro Plan plus priority support.
- E-commerce Plan ($11.37/month): This Plan is best suited for small businesses and online stores looking to use their website to sell their products. This Plan gives you access to all Premium options plus e-commerce integration.
Squarespace is a leading figure in its market with over 2 million active users. It was built to offer site-building solutions for blogs, portfolio sites, and online store.
It offers many blogging tools and features, including commenting features, multi-author option, schedule posts, and can even allow you to host your podcast.
Its designs are top-notch, although it can take some time before you get used to its functions. It has a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor and integrates with various social media platforms, G-Suite, PayPal, and has eCommerce features.
It comes with a 14-day free trial and has four payment plans.
- Personal Plan: This Plan costs $16/month (with discounts when paid for annually). It is perfect for users who need not sell anything online and prefer the email services that G-Suite offers. It comes with unlimited storage and bandwidth and all the tools you will ever need to create a great website.
- Business Plan: This Plan costs $26/month (with discounts when paid for annually). This Plan includes all features available with the Personal Plan but with even more features. This Plan is better suited for small businesses.
- e-Commerce Basic Plan: This Plan costs $30/month (with discounts when paid for annually). This Plan is specifically structured for online stores with all the Business Plan features but lacks certain features like inventory management and label printing via Ship Station.
- e-Commerce Advanced Plan: This is suitable for eCommerce stores with built-in features that support growth and has all the features of the Basic and Business Plan plus many more features like abandoned cart recovery, advanced shipping, ability to create and manage gift cards, and discounts options.
Ucraft, living up to its name, provides a website building solution that places more emphasis on the design aspects of everything it does. These website builder tools come with a sleek editor, beautiful templates that let your website stand out, and many useful features.
It is very easy to set up and has a drag and drop functionality (not the best you can find) and its limited features make it less of a challenge for its counterparts.
It offers a total of 64 mobile-responsive templates that are industry-specific. This website builder is more suitable for people or businesses that use high-quality pictures like photographers.
Ucraft offers a free plan that gives you unrestricted access to Ucraft's basic features and templates but with limitations like no custom domain name, which gives your website an unprofessional outlook. This Plan is more suitable for personal websites.
Ucraft offers three payment plans for its users.
- Pro Website: This Plan costs $10/month and includes eCommerce features, a custom domain name, allows you to sell up to 50 products, has a multilingual feature. This Plan is ideal for small service-based businesses.
- Pro Shop: This Plan is priced at $21/month and accommodates online sales of up to 1000 products and has exciting features like invoices, reverse charge VAT, discount coupons. This Plan is perfect for growing eCommerce businesses.
- Big Commerce: This Plan covers everything Ucraft has to offer including social media integration and sales of an unlimited amount of product.
WP Bakery is one of the larger players in the website building market with over 300,000 direct sales. WP Bakery, which was initially known as Visual Composer is one of WordPress's original website builder plugins.
Its site-building solution features an intuitive yet powerful visual editor for your page with no coding experience required. It has a drag and drops editor that seamlessly allow you to customize your website both from the frontend and backend.
It has a lot of amazing features that let you create a beautiful and powerful website without the need of hiring an expert.
WPBakery is accessible from CodeCanyon and costs $64. This accommodates the ability to use the plugin on one website and 6 months of support. You can extend the support to 12 months for an extra $22.13.
Elementor is a drag and drop website page builder plugin for WordPress that is perfect for beginners with no coding experience. It is very popular with over 3 million active users and installs. It has a user-friendly interface with users have come to appreciate. It has a what you see is what you get frontend editor.
It features over 90 different content modules to choose from including headings, buttons, carousels, counters, progress, and many more. It offers users access to its library of over 150 free pre-made templates (and 300+ professionally designed premium templates). It works well with all WordPress themes.
It has a free version and a paid version. The free version gives you access to Elementoe's basic features with no hidden charges or signups required.
The paid version offers amazing inclusions of more than 50 content modules, over 300 additional templates, Theme Builder, Woo-commerce builder, pop up builder, visual form builder and gives users the ability to add custom CSS to your website.
Weblium website builder is a new player that is just gaining ground in the site-building arena. The first impression you will get when using this site builder is that it was created to make your website stand out. It can be said to be evolving, although it seems incomplete and unfinished as a result of its half-baked features.
The developers of this website building solution have made it clear that they are open to suggestions from users on how to make the website builder better. This allows you to request specific features that you want to be implemented. It is relatively cheap and possesses a great AI design tool.
The designs are aesthetically appealing but it's better suited for personal use than for a business purpose.
- Basic Plan (Free): This Plan comes with a lot of impressive features despite being the free version. Some of these features include unlimited storage space, unlimited bandwidth, with the limitation of Weblium domain name branding which makes your website unprofessional, features weblium ads, and basic website setting and unrestricted customization.
- Pro Plan ($10.50 per month): This Plan includes all the features that come with the Basic Plan plus Goggle cloud hosting, custom domain, SSL Certificate, Google Analytics, SEO, and Marketing tools.
- Agency Plan (Custom Pricing): This Plan is the enterprise plan that is provided to cater to big business and cooperations who has a high volume of clients. This Plan would require a meeting with the Weblium company to discuss the business's needs and requirements.
As its name implies, SimpleSite is the perfect solution for creating simple sites but maybe a little too simple. SimpleSite offers simplicity but at the sacrifice of some important features that would have made it a powerful website builder.
It offers non-coders the ability to create straight forward websites within minutes. It has all the basic and necessary features needed to seamlessly create a website but that's it, it doesn't offer users the “extra factor”.
It has a way too limited amount of features compared to other major website builders in the market. Its designs are mobile responsive and it has e-commerce features across all plans including the free version.
This website building solution is more suitable for beginners who are looking for a quick fix that allows you to create a simple website and doesn't have many preferences for its design but if you are looking for a website builder that can help you create a sleek and powerful website, it is safer that you consider other better options.
- Basic (Free): This Plan costs $0 and allows you to create up to 15 pages and sell up to 5 different products. Like most free plans, it contains SimpleSite's ads which can make your website looks unprofessional. This Plan is not recommended for businesses by would be perfect for personal use.
- Pro (priced at $15.49 per month): This Plan will remove the SimpleSite's ads, offers users the ability to create unlimited pages, unlock access to all SimpleSite's design option, comes with a free domain, and 5 professional email addresses.
- E-commerce Plan: This Plan has all the features that are included in the Pro plan plus the capacity to sell unlimited products. This Plan is more ideal for online stores and people whose focal point is to sell something.
You can save money by taking advantage of discounts offered by SimpleSite when you choose to pay annually instead of monthly. All paid plans come with 14-day questions asked money-back guarantee.
Novi is a futuristic and consistently developing website builder that offers a site creation solution aimed at helping newbies create a professional-looking website easily. It is also perfect for an expert web developer.
It is very cheap and easy to use. Novi offers its user a huge collection of over 40 professionally designed HTML editor templates to select from, that you can easily customize to your preferences. It is an open-source site builder and provides professional web developers with great customization options.
It has a drag and drops functionality that makes customization easy and fast. It offers free access to a large number of plugins. It is what you see is what you get the type of site builder.
It is interesting to know that every Novi paid Plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you decide their product is not the right choice for you.
- Startups Plan (costs $29 per year): This Plan is the cheapest option for Novi's website builder and comes with a lot of amazing features including unrestricted access to Novi plugins, unlimited projects, free updates, developer support.
- Advanced Plan (billed at $49 annually): This Plan includes all the features that are in the Startups Plan plus additional 20+ premium HTML template options.
- Developer Plan (priced at $149 per year): This Plan, as its name implies, is recommended for web developers who created websites for a lot of clients. With this Plan, you get unrestricted access to all the features Novi has to offer including lifetime access to all Novi's templates plus all Startups and Advanced Plan features.
One unique feature that makes Blog stand out from the rest is its strong multilingual functionality and powerful content management system.
It offers users a variety of beautiful designs that were professionally designed to make your website shine. It streamlines website creation, making it a simple, intuitive, and fun procedure even for users without any prior knowledge of coding.
Food comes with a limited amount of templates for you to choose from but the available ones are professional design and stunning. It has a drag and drops editor function. It offers users a lot of essential features including blogging tools, e-commerce features, and streamlined social media integration that links your social accounts to your website.
The Voog pricing model offers users more value for their money. It also includes a 14-day free trial for new clients to get to test out their product and determine if it's perfect for you, after which you can opt into one of their three paid plans.
- Standard Plan (costs $9.9 per month): This is the cheapest price option offered by Voog and accommodates up to 30 posts, 2GB storage space, and gives you access to their built-in image gallery.
- Plus Plan (billed at $17.4 every month): This Plan comes with all the features present in the Standard Plan plus an increment to 10GB storage space and an unlimited number of posts.
- Premium Plan (costs $62 per month): The only important difference between this Plan and the Plus plan is that this Plan offers you unlimited storage space.
Bookmark Website Builder is an AI-powered website creation solution that adds speed and ease to the process of website building. It has a powerful AI, Aida (Artificial Intelligence Design Assistant) that will seamlessly create a unique website within minutes just by asking a few questions from you and using your answers. It also works you through the entire editing process.
It is more suitable for small business owners or entrepreneurs looking for a professionally looking website. Its editor is based on a drag and drops concept that gives you greater control over the design of the website.
All designs by Bookmark are highly responsive and optimized for mobile devices including iOS and androids.
Some of its features include SEO optimization tools, an SSL certificate (which is free across all payment plans), social media integration, and an analytics dashboard.
- Basic Plan (Free): What you get with this free Plan is 1GB bandwidth, 500MB storage space, free hosting, and a few Bookmark's basic features.
- Professional Plan (starts at $11.99 per month): This Plan gives you unlimited storage and bandwidth, custom domain, 1 professional email address, and free access to their built-in image gallery of high-quality stock images and video.
- Business Plan (priced at $24.99 per month): This Plan offers you all the features that Bookmark has to offer plus 3 professional email addresses and a shopping cart option. This Plan is suitable for small businesses, entrepreneurs, and online stores.
Webnode is one of the biggest players in the field of website building solutions and has recorded over 40 million active registered users across the globe in different countries.
This website builder comes with robust SEO tools, top-notch marketing support, and allows you to use your custom domain name across all its paid version.
The Webnode distinctive factor is its multilingual functionality that supports a wide range of languages (over 20 different languages), which allows visitors from different countries to easily interact with your website with an option of changing the website's language to the preferred one.
Webnode offers five payment options to its users including a free version.
- Free Plan: This Plan costs $0 but comes with a few limitations like it displays small Webnode ads on every page, doesn't include a custom domain name, and 100MB storage memory.
- Limited Plan (starts at $3.95 per month): This is the basic and cheapest price Webnode is offering for its solution. It allows you to connect your domain but still has the inclusion of Webnode ads in the footer of every page.
- Mini Plan (priced at $5.95 per month): This Plan is best suitable for small projects that require the use of a professional email address. This Plan, however, still shows Webnode ads on every page.
- Standard Plan (costs $11.95 per month): This Plan is ideal for users that are looking for a professional-looking site with bilingual functions. This Plan also removes all of Webnode's ads.
- Profit Plan (priced at $19.95 per month): This Plan is suitable for individuals looking to create big websites that require up to 5GB of storage, 100 email accounts, and has multilingual functionality.
Jigsy is a drag and drop website builder (not as pure as Wix's) that comes with a huge collection of templates (built on the popular bootstrap framework) for you to select from. It is a flexible and extremely affordable site creation solution that is most suitable for small business owners who want to create a professional-looking website on a tight budget.
It's a feature-rich website builder that has all the markings of a platform that transforms the process of setting up a functional website into an easy and fun to do the trip. Its unique feature is its strong e-commerce functions which are achieved through integration with Ecwid. It offers users limitless customization options.
It is better suited for small businesses, solo entrepreneurs, and store owners whose focal point is selling a few products and doesn't require the use of advanced e-commerce features. It comes with basic e-Commerce features, blogging tools, and website analytics tools across all its payment plans.
Jigsy offers users three premium packages (one free and three paid versions).
- Free Plan: This Plan gives you 25MB storage space, contains ads, does not have a custom domain, accommodates up to 5 pages for a website.
- Starter Plan: This Plan contains all basic features in the Free Plan plus an increment to 500MB storage space, 10 pages for a website, custom domain, priority support and contains zero ads.
- Basic Plan: This Plan offers users 2GB storage space, 99 pages for 3 websites, custom domain, and priority support.
- Premium Plan: This Plan gives you 5GB storage space, priority support for 10 websites, and unlimited pages.
Mobirise is an online site creation software solution compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems. This website builder is designed to help users create small and medium-sized websites, landing pages, online resumes, and portfolios.
It is very intuitive and easy-to-use for non-tech savvy individuals who have no prior knowledge of coding. It also contains a provision for a professional web developer to customize the website to their preferences.
It has a simple to use interface and offers a little degree of customization. Also, it has no eCommerce features or blogging tools whatsoever. It is most suitable for personal use and to showcase your online presence.
Although Mobirise advertises itself as a free to use website builder software, it has restricted features that would require to make a one-off payment of $149 to unlock all its features.
uKit is one of the new website builders that is just stepping into the spotlights. Its site-building solution is to focus on businesses and online stores.
It has a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) drag and drop interface. It simplifies the process of website creation. It offers users a decent amount of templates that are customizable and mobile responsive.
It does offer some impressive features like strong blogging platforms, robust SEO tools, site analytics, and eCommerce integration. It includes a multilingual functionality that supports multiple languages including English, Polish, Russian, Portuguese, and Romanian.
It provides limited customization options for web developers. Suppose you're not into the process of creating a website from scratch and you have a Facebook page. In that case, it can seamlessly convert your Facebook page into a website using the already available contents on the page.
uKit offers four premium packages including a 14-day free trial period.
- Premium Plan: This Plan costs $2.50 per month custom domain, unlimited storage space, unlimited domains, unlimited pages, and visitors site analytics, hosting, back up, and access to over 200 templates.
- Premium Plus Plan: This Plan costs $5.00 per month contains all the features in the Premium plan plus access to all ukit premium themes, live chat support, Goggle Analytics.
- eCommerce Plan: This Plan costs $6.00 paid every month with all the Premium plan features plus easy integration with Ecwid.
- Pro Plan: This Plan is priced at $7.50 and covers all the features that uKit is offering plus additional customization options, access to custom code, and a custom color palette.
Site123 is a website builder solution that revolves around making the creation of websites very easy even for beginners. It possesses a user-friendly interface, and include helpful guides and tutorials to help you get started fast, and reliable 24/7 live chat support are available to guide you through every single process.
It has a host of mobile-responsive templates (more than 180 customizable templates). It features all essential eCommerce features. It is better suited for personal sites, simple sites for business, and online stores with few products. It supports multiple languages with its multilingual functionality.
Site123 comes in three premium packages (all paid). It doesn't offer a free plan or trial period.
- Basic Plan(): This Plan offers users a more professional looking website, contains no ads, custom domain, 10 GB of storage space, a shopping cart function, access to Site123's image library, 1 professional email address, and the capacity to create an unlimited number of pages.
- Advanced Plan (priced at $19.8 per month): This Plan gives you all the features in the Basic plan plus product pages, online payments features, email marketing, Google Analytics, advanced business plugins, multilingual functionality, 30 GB storage, and two professional email address.
- Professional Plan (costs $28.8 per month): This Plan offers all the features available with Site123 including and increments up to 90GB of storage space and provision of five professional emails.
Jimdo is an AI-powered drag and drop type of website creation solution. Its major selling point is the ease of creating a standard website. It is fast and simple to use but lacks some essential functionalities.
It prides itself on having a large international user base comprising of different small businesses and entrepreneurs.
It offers two-approach towards website creation, the first is a DIY approach (with a large collection of over 100 templates for you to choose from) by using the original version of the builder called Jimdo Creator and also a powerful AI, Jimdo Dolphin that seamlessly creates a website for one for you within minutes.
It comes with essential business listings add ons like Goggle map, Goggle My Business, Bing, Facebook, and Foursquare.
Suppose you are looking for a sleek and powerful website but you are on a tight budget and can't afford to hire a professional web developer. In that case, your best alternative solution is using a site builder. There are tons of website builders and it can sometimes be overwhelming and hard to decide the right one for your website project.
Check out 12 crucial details you should pay attention to before choosing a site builder.
The interface of the website builder you should choose must be simple to use and understand. A lot of website builders offer drag and drop options that simplify the editing process.
Coupled with this type of function is usually the ability to design and see how your website would look in real-time before publishing.
Most website builders don't allow the addition of any third-party plugin although there are some exceptions in some cases. For example, you may be allowed to add an online support chat option, organize advance customer registration, connect payment systems, and other similar features. In most cases, this choice is restricted.
Website Builders with good CMS functions give you the ability to easily and effortlessly work with a large number of similar information blocks.
If you will be required to update your website's content often, then having a good CMS function is a must-have for you.
With website builders, it is rare for you to have the option to create your custom website template and you cannot upload your templates. So it important to know the degree of customization you would get. The good news is that most of these website templates are customizable.
Some website builders will let you add your logo and your business name in the website header. Other site builders offer more flexibility in editing, and you can point and click your way into creating a professional-looking website.
Website builders offer some of its features for free – most of the essential functions are available only on the paid version.
In some cases, there are some limitations in the free Plan, like developer's and third-party advertising, limited storage space, or reduced functional online store.
Another disadvantage of using the free Plan is that most website builders offer a third level domain in these plans.
These type of domains may contain website builder branding, looks unprofessional, and may be hard to remember. These type of websites usually ranks lower in search results
are always ranking lower in search results which puts you at a disadvantage with your competitors.
Some website builder developers have the right to update templates and plugins as they seem fit.
This means you can visit your website at a time to discover that some of the designs have been changed. These changes are most of the time irreversible whether you like it or not.
Not all website builder has SEO features, and the one that has purportedly offers perfect search engine optimization and fast promotion.
But the reality is that these site builders only help you do this on the website without the programmer's assistance.
As a client, you actually can't know the quality of the programmer's work. What's more, not all website builders will have the option to give reasonable tools to SEO.
Some site builders permit you to add SEO functions for the entire site, and tags are added automatically to pages, which isn't in every case great. Some platforms permit you to work with each page, however, for instance, you might not have the option to add any analytics tool that you like or to manually edit the robot.txt document, etc.
Some website builder doesn't offer social media integration to the website. Ensure that the website builder you go for has the option to link all your social accounts to your website including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc
Also, confirm if the website builder has the share button and other essential social media integration tools.
Many site builders promise responsive website templates but you should also look out for whether the templates are optimized for mobile.
A responsive template layout will allow the website to adjust to mobile view depending on the screen size.
A majority of the internet's searches are from mobile devices, search engines place more value over websites with designs that are mobile optimized.
Most website builders let you preview the website before launching.
The website speed you get from the website builder you choose is crucial to your website's success, as a longer load time can lead to potential visitors leaving your site without interacting with it. This high bounce rate can affect your website's SEO and also your sales.
You must know the catch behind what you get when you opt for the free version; otherwise, you will be surprised how limited these so-called free versions are and avoid a lot of trouble when publishing the site.
For example, if the website builder you choose is offering only 25 MB of storage space in the free version and you require more than that, you should consider opting for a paid version that meets your need.
Customer support is critical, especially when it is urgently needed. There are chances you'll have a problem or complaint while using some site builders. It will be stressful if your site builder's customer support team is not responding or discovering that your Plan does cover the customer support option.
It's important to note that there's no all perfect website builder, they all have their pros and cons, but some are more suitable for you than others.