Carrot Juice is gotten from whole carrots, and it attracts highly nutritious value to your body system.
What are the benefits of Drinking Carrot Juice Every Day?
Carrot Juice is jam-packed with several minerals and vitamins that can enrich your body system. Since carrots are rich in pro-vitamin A, you can obtain this nutrient when you drink carrot juice every day.
The health benefits of drinking carrot juice every day consist of the following;
- It helps to improve your eye health: Carrot juice is made up of a high amount of nutrients that can help to improve your eye health. Vitamin A is a vital nutrient for eye health.
Since carrots are rich in pro-vitamin A, you can proceed to gain this nutrient to your body system. Studies suggest that a steady intake of fruits and vegetables that are high in pro-vitamin A will help to reduce the risks of blindness and other age-related eye infections.
Carrot juice is a rich source of carotenoids including beta carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which can help to protect your eyes from high damaging light. A study revealed that high dietary consumption of lutein and zeaxanthin can also help to reduce your risks of experiencing age-related macular degeneration.
One cup of carrot juice contains over 250% of the Daily Value for vitamin A.
- It may help to provide your body with anticancer effects: Several test-tube studies have revealed some compounds contained in carrot juice may help in protecting your body against cancer. Since carrots are made up of beta carotene, lutein, and polyacetylenes, a study suggests the carrot juice extract may create numerous impacts in protecting the body against human leukemia cells.
Another test-tube study revealed that treating leukemia cells with carrot juice extracts for about 72 hours, may kill the cancer cell and stop it from growing. Therefore, carrot juice extracts come with lots of benefits beyond your imagination.
- Carrot Juice may improve your skin health: Several nutrients contained in carrot juice may help to improve your skin health. One cup of carrot juice will provide your body system with more than 20 percent of the Daily Value for vitamin C, and the water-soluble nutrient required for collagen production.
The compound comes as the most abundant fibrous protein in your body. It helps to provide strength and elasticity to your skin. Generally, vitamin C performs as an antioxidant that gives your skin maximum protection from free radical damage.
A study discovered that a carotenoid-rich diet may help to protect your skin from damages caused by ultraviolet rays. The study also reveals that a carotenoid-rich diet may help to improve your skin appearance.
- It may protect your liver: Carrot juice contains carotenoids that help to boost liver health. Numerous studies suggest that the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of carotenoids can help to protect your liver against non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
In most cases, the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease does occur whenever fat is piled up on your liver. This excessive fat accumulation in your liver may be a result of obesity, poor eating diet, and lifestyle.
As its impact continues to grow, it may lead to long-lasting damage and liver scarring.
- Carrot Juice is highly nutritious: Carrot juice is low in carbs and calories. It contains several nutrients that are beneficial to the body. Carrot juice also comes with carotenoids which perform like antioxidants in your body. 240ml of carrot juice contains the following;
- Protein: 2 grams.
- Fiber: 2 grams.
- Calories: 96
- Fat: Less than 1 gram.
- Vitamin A: It comes as provitamin A and it has 255% of Daily Value.
- Vitamin C: 23% of the Daily Value.
- Vitamin K: 31% of the Daily Value.
- Potassium: 15% of the Daily Value.
- Carrot Juice may serve as an immune booster: Carrot juice may serve as an immune booster to your body system. A study suggests that the vitamin A and vitamin C content of carrot juice can perform as antioxidants and protect your immune cells from free radical damage.
Carrot juice is also a good source of vitamin B6. Since vitamin B6 is essential for optimal immune response, you can gain lots of it by drinking carrot juice more often. Don't forget that a deficiency in vitamin B6 may weaken your immune system.
Therefore, if you are looking at improving your immune system using carrot juice, it is advisable to develop the habit of drinking it every day.
- Carrot Juice may help to improve your blood sugar levels: When you develop the habit of drinking carrot juice every day, it may help to improve your blood sugar levels. A study carried on rats has proven that fermented carrot juice may help to lower blood sugar levels.
This is possible due to the probiotics contained in the carrot juice. The study has shown that carrot juice may perform the same function on the human body.
How to prepare the carrot Juice.
To make the carrot juice, you need to add more juicy fruits to the mixture to make it tasty and delicious. Follow this step to prepare carrot juice;
- Step 1: Get the raw carrot ready and other ingredients like ginger, mango, and pineapple.
- Step 2: Begin to slice them into smaller sizes to fit the blender.
- Step 3: Pour the whole mixture into the blender, and proceed to blend until it becomes smooth.
- Step 4: it is advisable to serve chilled. Therefore refrigerate the juice before drinking.
When is the best time to drink carrot juice?
The best time you should consider drinking your carrot juice is in the morning and at night before going to bed. You can drink about 150ml of carrot juice per goal for a better result.
Once you begin to drink carrot juice every day, your body will slowly adapt to various health benefits listed above.